Inside the mind of Robert Elias...

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Success...

Hola World! That's right, Robert Elias has created a blog. Ugh. After much anticipation and the urge to create a place to release my thoughts, desires and opinions I am writing my first entry. I'm not sure what I will write about or if I will even write everyday but I wanted another form of expression besides my music. Oh shit... hold on... Sorry... My abuela asked me if I wanted breakfast. I have to admit, there's something very comforting about the fact that I had to move in with my abuela last year. She cleans, does my laundry, she even moderates her Cuban cuisine so that I can have healthier less grease filled choices for dinner... Anyone who is cuban knows this is VERY hard for their abuelas... Don't judge me. I am not ashamed to say that I am 25 years old and I have a maid called MAMA. I give her something to do... I feel like without me around she'd get bored. With that said, it still doesn't stop me from wanting to keep my goal of moving out by the end of the year... I'm dreading the day she walks in to my bedroom and I'm rubbing one out... rough.

Okay back to the blog, Yesterday over lunch with some friends we got into a somewhat heated conversation about success... What is success? What does it mean? Can it mean different things to different people? The truth is, I don't know. I don't think I have personally reached the level of success I want yet, but I do know that I am on my way and that I have done it all on my own. To me that can be seen as some sort of success. I didn't take the traditional road to "success" and I surely haven't looked back. I think what everyone is scared to say sometimes is that they think success is money. Is it? What if you're born into money? Do the rules change?

My friend mentioned she was attracted to men that were successful. So what if the man is an accomplished trash man or a very highly respected CVS employee, is he still successful? I think so. Does the man necessarily need to be a doctor or a lawyer or a traveling entrepenuer to be successful? What if it was handed to him? Different people are handed different cards. To me, success is a state of mind. If youre gonna be something be the best you can be at it and success will come.

In the end, what have I learned in the last 3 minutes? Success is different to everyone. It doesn't make you better and it doesn't make you more accomplished. If you want to be that employee of the month at Rico Bakery you go for it! If you want to become the next Georgio Armani, make it happen! If you're goal in life is to just hang out at home and smoke pot, smoke away! (Save me some) In my case if you want to be (In Celine Dion voice) "The greatest singer in the world", make youre move! You will feel successful just for trying... Someone get a doctor, I feel crazy...

- R. Elias

4 comments:

  1. great job.... love it!! and love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the money, money and the cars, cars and the :O ! I just wanna be successful...

    ReplyDelete